“Algebra Survival” Program (two books)
- Algebra Survival Guide — Second Edition
Step-by-step explanations of the trickiest algebra topics
Brand new 60-page chapter on advanced story problems!
Hundreds of practice problems
- Algebra Survival Workbook — Second Edition
Thousands of extra practice problems.
104 pages, all answers included
Author: Josh Rappaport
Illustrator: Sally Blakemore
Why buy the “Algebra Survival” Program?
Believe it or not, students actually enjoy reading the Algebra Survival Guide. Many students dread algebra because they feel lost and confused. The Guide is designed to ensure students understand what they’re doing, transforming a bad experience into a positive one. Here’s how …
- The author’s respectful, understanding tone, puts students at ease. When students feel comfortable, they just think better!
- Conversational language and real-life analogies make abstract concepts easy to understand.
- One-concept-per-page approach ensures students fully “get” each idea before moving on. By fully understanding foundational concepts, students are ready and able to tackle trickier concepts.
- Educational cartoons not only lighten the mood, but also give students a visual way to comprehend and remember information.
- Thousands of practice problems lead students towards algebra mastery.
This powerful program works its magic on even the most algebra-averse students!
“There’s something fairly awesome about handing your kid an algebra textbook in the middle of the summer and having him sit with it for over an hour muttering things like, ‘This is SO COOL!’ He likes it so much, he wants to take it with us on vacation.”
— B. de Heron, Amazon review
You can also buy the books that make up the “Algebra Survival” Program INDIVIDUALLY. Click below.
With all of these features, the Second Edition Algebra Survival Guide is ideal for homeschoolers, tutors and students striving for algebra excellence.
The Second Edition also aligns with the current Common Core State Standards for Math, so it’s ideal for today’s teachers, as well. Its 12 other content chapters tackle the trickiest topics of algebra:
Properties of Numbers, Sets of Numbers, Positive & Negative Numbers, Order of Operations, Like Terms, Absolute Value, Exponents, Radicals, Factoring, Canceling, Solving Equations, the Coordinate Plane, and Word Problems.
The Second Edition Algebra Survival Guide is available at SingingTurtle.com, through Amazon.com, and through bookstores nationwide.